Some of us look to disable all whm specific urls from our domains, things like cpanel, whm, webmail, webdisk, cpcalendars, cpcontacts.
Disable Automatically adding those urls to your domains
- Login to your WHM (port 2087)
- Find Tweak Settings
- Find Service Subdomains (It’s in the Domains tab, but you can use the find field there, just type in ‘service subdomains’
- Disable that.
- You will most probably need to clear the old dns entries which contain these urls from WHM > Edit DNS Zone -> Select your domains, click edit. and clear the fields where it has anything you want to remove. However if you don’t have any custom dns entries you can simply WHM -> Reset a DNS Zone (be cautious there since this will reset the dns zone to defaults, so if you have anything custom there it will be cleared.)
Remove cPanel Specific URL for a specific site from cPanel
- Login to your cPanel page (usually port 2083)
- Find Zone Editor.
- Click Manage next to the domain you want to edit.
- You will find those /cpanel /webmail etc… urls there, Remove them.